Trees are such an important part of our daily life.
We appreciate their beauty as leaves change colors in the fall and their shade on a hot summer day. We look forward to their buds bursting open in spring. But trees do so much more for us every day. They give us:
- clean air to breathe by absorbing carbon dioxide and expelling oxygen;
- they slow down raindrops to protect our soil from eroding;
- their roots loosen the compacted soil so stormwater soaks in;
- they help us save money on energy bills, and
- they increase our property values