Local Workgroup Meeting
Annually the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and the Licking County Soil & Water Conservation District gathers landowners to discuss local conservation practices and needs. Locally-led conservation is based on the principle that local people make the best decisions for their own communities. This year the Farm Bureau is joining the conversation to determine policy needs from their Licking County members.
7:00-7:30 am - Buffet Breakfast
7:30-8:00 am - Welcome and Introductions
H2Ohio overview - Jordan Hoewischer, Director of Water Quality Research from the Ohio Farm Bureau
8:00-9:00 am - Information gathering/Open discussion
The purpose of the LWG is to provide guidance to your NRCS and Soil & Water field offices concerning the implementation and delivery of conservation programs. You are part of a diverse group invited to discuss topics such as:
• Conditions of the natural resources in Licking County
• The local application process for NRCS programs, including ranking criteria and application periods
• H2Ohio eligible conservation practices
• The need for new, innovative conservation practices
• How NRCS and Soil & Water can partner to best serve the people of Licking County
In addition to these topics, Farm Bureau works on a diverse list of issues including trade, ag education, infrastructure, commodities and crop insurance. Farm Bureau believes that the best policies start at the grassroots level from people who live it everyday.
There is no charge for this event. RSVP required for planning purposes.