Local Work Group Meeting
Locally-led conservation is based on the principle that local people make the best decisions for their own communities.
Annually the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and the Licking County Soil & Water Conservation District gathers landowners to discuss local conservation practices and needs. The Farm Bureau is joining the conversation to determine policy needs from their Licking County members.
The purpose of the LWG is to provide guidance to your NRCS and Soil & Water field offices concerning the implementation and delivery of conservation programs. You are part of a diverse group invited to discuss topics such as:
• Conditions of the natural resources in Licking County
• NRCS programs, including ranking criteria and application periods
• MWCD and H2Ohio eligible conservation practices
• The need for new, innovative, climate resilient conservation practices
• How NRCS and Soil & Water can partner to best serve the people of Licking County
In addition to these topics, Farm Bureau works on a diverse list of policy issues including trade, ag education, infrastructure, commodities and crop insurance. Farm Bureau believes that the best policies start at the grassroots level from people who live it every day.