We work with landowners, residents and educators to voluntarily adopt practices that responsibly use our precious land and water. Whether on farm or in the city, indoors or outdoors, our conservation-based services are designed to keep Licking County a great community in which to live and work.
2019-2021 Strategic Plan
Licking County Soil & Water Conservation District is committed to providing responsible leadership and good stewardship of the county’s soil, water, and natural resources. In 2017, the Soil & Water Board members engaged Ohio State University (OSU) Extension to facilitate a comprehensive three-year strategic planning process for Soil & Water.
Through a web-based community survey and a series of focus group discussions with stakeholders, partners, landowners, educators, residents of Licking County and Soil & Water staff, information was compiled on a variety of topics. These topics included garnering their perceptions and experiences related to the purpose, role, and expectations of Soil & Water; the land and water issues they deemed most concerning; ideas for education and outreach related to soil, water, natural resources, and agriculture; and opportunities for collaboration and partnership with Soil & Water and other community organizations.
The Board met with staff, and members of the Associate Board to compile the strategic plan. Following is a summary of the two focus areas, objectives, and goals which will be implemented from 2019–2021.
Focus Area: Organizational Sustainability
Objective: Elevate the value of Soil & Water for all community stakeholders
- Educate community stakeholders on responsible land and water management
- Develop a specific communication strategy to clearly communicate that Soil & Water is the leading voice of land and water conservation in Licking County
- Strengthen partnerships with local leaders
- Provide professional development for all staff and board members to increase efficiency and credibility in their job/role
Focus Area: Community Collaboration
Objective: Maximize partnerships with public and private entities to share, promote, and provide Soil & Water services
- Implement strategies to enhance existing partnerships with community organizations
- Implement strategies to establish new partners and partnerships
Download the full strategic plan below. For printed copies or questions about how to get involved with accomplishing the goals, contact Information@LickingSWCD.com or call 740-670-5330.