Licking County River Round Up Poster Contest
Through this amazing community-based conservation effort, a river system that had all but been abandoned, has seen a beautiful rebirth of aquatic and bird life. The River Round Up is coordinated by the Licking County Soil & Water Conservation District in partnership with many local agencies and organizations.
Learn more about the history of the annual cleanup here.
2024 Poster Contest Information
The River Round Up Poster Contest is open to all school-aged youth living in and/or attending school in Licking county (public, private, and home school; K-12).
Posters submitted must reflect water pollution awareness and encourage volunteer participation in the River Round Up.
Poster Awards: $100 is awarded to the student artists of the winning posters (one from each of the three categories, below) and $500 to the student’s school for advancing science and art programming.
The winning poster artwork will be used as the primary electronic marketing images for the 2024 River Round Up event. Winning posters will be displayed at River Round Up Event sites on September 7, 2024, and in promotional displays around Licking County throughout the year.
Categories: Elementary (K-4), Middle/Intermediate School (5-8), and High School (9-12). One winner will be chosen from each grade category.
- The poster contest is open to any K–12 student who resides or attends school in Licking County.
- Posters are recommended to be 8.5 x 11 inches and be flat artwork only.
- All entries must be received Friday, April 5, 2024. Only one entry per student. Winners will be announced on Earth Day, April 22, 2024.
- All entries may be used by the River Round Up Committee in event displays.
- Only original artwork with positive themes will be accepted. Winning artwork may be modified to suit marketing purposes.
- All posters must be submitted online in the section below.
Should you require assistance with scanning, please contact Licking Soil and Water Conservation District at 740-670-5330 or email@example.com. Only online submissions will be accepted.